The cutting board is the most important part of our kitchen. It is an essential tool for cooking. A kitchen would not be a kitchen without a cutting board. A cutting board is a staple to have in any kitchen as it provides us with a safe place for cutting food items and protects our kitchen counters from cuts and scratches. Cutting boards come in various shapes, sizes, and materials. They can be made of wood, plastic, bamboo, or glass, and each has its own pros and cons.
- Wooden cutting boards are the most commonly used type. They are ideal for chopping meat and bones because they are heavy and have strong tenacity. They come in different patterns and wood types, e.g. maple, black walnut, black cherry, etc. Wooden cutting boards are gentle on knives and won’t make them dull quickly. However, you will have to season the wooden cutting board with oil regularly to protect it from moisture and bacteria infiltration. Always wash wooden cutting boards with warm water and soap since they cannot be put in the dishwasher.
- Plastic cutting boards are inexpensive and lightweight. They come in a wide range of sizes, designs, and colors. The plastic boards are of different types and can be thick or thin and hard or flexible. They are relatively easy to clean. However, they can slide away easily and also cannot resist high temperatures or pressure, so you have to wash them by hand instead of using a dishwasher.
- Glass cutting boards are heavier than wooden cutting boards and are expensive. They are useful for cutting fruits and breads but not suitable for chopping vegetables and meat. Glass cutting boards are very durable, heat resistant, and easy to clean. However, they have high rigidity and can damage your knives. Glass cutting boards can also slide away easily.
- Bamboo cutting boards are more affordable and environmentally friendly. They are lightweight, easy to clean, and gentle on knives. They are less porous and don’t get cracks easily, compared to wooden cutting boards. Bamboo cutting boards are resistant to staining and water penetration, so they don’t absorb much liquid. However, you need to oil the bamboo cutting board to protect it. Also, they must be washed by hand. They cannot be washed in a dishwasher.
See also: The Best Self-Watering Planters
Cooking isn’t always fun and a labor of love when you had a long, tiring day at work and you are short on time to prepare food for dinner. While you are chopping and slicing items in a hurry trying to make dinner on time, you probably drop a good amount of your chopped food on the floor rather than in the pan. And you might be placing all the waste material on the counter because the garbage can is inaccessible. By the time you get everything prepared, the counter is a mess, and now you have to spend extra time cleaning up the kitchen.
That’s where the cutting board with containers comes to the rescue. Cutting boards with containers not only maintain the conventional functions of cutting boards, which are chopping food materials and preventing kitchen counters from scratches, but they also have other benefits.
- As present-day kitchens have limited space, it’s difficult to work in a kitchen where there are a lot of dishes present on the counter. Cutting boards with containers solve this problem as you can place the chopped food materials in the attached containers so you don’t need extra dishes for chopped food.
- Also, you can place different food materials in separate containers to prevent them from mixing with each other.
- Moreover, with a simple cutting board, it is inconvenient to collect all food material after cutting, which leads to food waste. While using a cutting board with containers, you can simply slide all the chopped food material in the containers without wasting any food.
- By placing chopped food materials and waste products in containers, it will also help in keeping the kitchen clean and tidy so you don’t have to spend extra time cleaning the counter.
This design of this cutting board is an innovative idea derived from daily life. In order to provide a simple, uncomplicated, and pleasant cooking environment for people who are busy cooking for their household every day in the limited area of the kitchen, this cutting board with multiple functions was created. It not only satisfies the needs of the user but also occupies a limited space in the kitchen. It overcomes the flaws of conventional cutting boards by adding new functions that are different from those of previous cutting boards.
The best cutting board with containers
The extensible bamboo cutting board with 4 containers is the best cutting board available for the kitchen, and here is why:
Safe and eco-friendly
The bamboo board is safe, natural, BPA free, and eco-friendly. It is manufactured from thick 100% organic bamboo and is approved by the FDA. Moreover, this board is polished effectively and has a smooth surface without any artificial coating.
Durable and knife friendly
This bamboo cutting board is resilient and long lasting. It has a very smooth anti-scratch surface that is also gentle on your knives.
This bamboo cutting board has a novel and extensible design. The cutting board has an extensible frame beneath and 4 containers for placing chopped meat, vegetables, or fruits. It also has a plastic board for you to keep your phone or tablet. It has black rubber cushions underneath to enhance its grip and prevent it from sliding away. All 4 containers are removable, and you can also separate the plastic phone holder and attach it to the shelf through a small snap-fit to follow a recipe while cooking.
It will not occupy much space in your kitchen. All 4 containers are removable and can be stored anywhere, making it a space-saving product.
It is very convenient to use. You just have to slide the chopped food materials into the containers after cutting. This will help you keep your kitchen counter clean and tidy. Simply wash your bamboo cutting board and containers with warm water and soap or wipe with a damp cloth.
Many ways to use
This cutting board can be used in many ways, including as a cheese board. The 4 containers can be used for meat and crackers, making it a perfect wine and cheese serving tray for parties.
A good gift needs to be helpful, attractive, and thoughtful. You can find all these qualities in this bamboo cutting board, so it can be an amazing gift for housewarmings, weddings, birthdays, or Mother’s and Father’s Day.
See also: 10 Benefits of Green Vegetables
You should have two or more cutting boards to prevent cross-contamination. It is recommended to have one cutting board for meat and the other for your fruits, vegetables, and breads. This will also save you time and make you more productive because you won’t have to wash the cutting board thoroughly while cutting different items.
Cutting boards have always been an important and necessary part of our kitchens. They are an essential tool for making great cuisines that look and taste good. However, tedious and obstinate use of cutting boards certainly makes people feel uneasy in the hustle and bustle of modern life. The innovative design of this cutting board helps in performing multiple functions at once and at ease and just adds pleasure to cooking.