Hair thinning and hair loss are common problems these days. Modern lifestyles, pollution, harsh chemical products, genetics, poor diet, and some illnesses are possible causes of hair loss. Almost all of us go through the struggle of getting thick, strong, and voluminous hair, and it’s normal to be fanatical for luscious locks. Being obsessed with how you look is very natural, and when it comes to hair, everyone would love to have thick and voluminous strands.
So if you are trying to improve your hair health and enhance your hair growth, you are in the right place. In this article, I have compiled tips, natural remedies, and a list of nutrients and foods that are the best for your hair growth and thickness, so let’s get started.
Tips for keeping your hair thick and strong
Below is a list of tips you should always follow for your hair growth and thickness.
- Always look out for your overall health. Various factors affect your hair growth and thickness, like illness, stress, drugs, and hormonal changes, etc. Better overall health means better hair.
- Always follow a nutrient-rich diet because a well-balanced diet rich in proteins, vitamins, and omega-3 fatty acids is essential for promoting hair growth.
- Always keep your scalp and hair moisturized because dry hair has an increased risk of breakage.
- Massaging your scalp regularly improves blood circulation, which strengthens the roots of your hair and hence improves the thickness of hair by preventing hair loss.
- Always try to avoid the excessive use of heat and bleach, as they are the most harmful things for your hair.
- Wash your hair properly to get rid of all the dirt and oils, but avoid washing your hair every day, as it will deprive your hair of natural oils, lead to dryness, and cause more harm to your hair.
- Deep conditioning your hair regularly helps in strengthening your hair roots.
- Regular brushing of your hair helps in exfoliating the scalp and improves blood circulation. Don’t use plastic brushes if you want to keep your hair free of damage.
- Don’t brush your wet hair, but if you want to, then detangle it very gently. Because wet hair strands are very fragile, they are more prone to breakage that leads to hair loss.
See Also: How to Grow Edges with Coconut oil Quickly and Easily.
What are the best things for hair growth and thickness?
There’s nothing like making the most of what nature has to offer. Below is the list of the best natural products that are beneficial for hair growth and thickness.
Castor oil is highly effective for enhancing hair growth and improving the thickness of your hair. It is rich in vitamin E and fatty acids that are helpful in hair health. Apply castor oil on your hair and scalp evenly. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash as usual.
Olive oil is magic in a bottle. It is rich in omega-3 acids, which are required for healthy hair growth. Olive oil is a great moisturizer to make your hair soft, smooth, thick, and shiny. Apply warm olive oil on your scalp and hair. Gently massage your scalp. Leave it for 30 minutes or overnight and then wash with a mild shampoo.
Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids, and it has the potential to lessen the loss of protein from damaged hair. Coconut oil has the ability to penetrate the hair shaft and thus reduces the loss of hair. Apply warm coconut oil to your scalp and hair and massage gently. Leave it on for about an hour and then wash with a mild shampoo.
Eggs are a great source of proteins like folate and biotin, which are crucial for the healthy growth of hair. Eggs are also rich in nutrients like vitamins A and D. Eggs nourish your roots and scalp and thus make them stronger. Using an egg treatment regularly once or twice a week will help to strengthen your hair and improve its thickness.
Beat one or two eggs and apply to your scalp and damp hair and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water. You can also make a mixture of eggs and olive oil and then apply to the scalp.
See also: Great soaps for acne scars
Aloe vera gel
Aloe vera gel has a lot of benefits for the hair, scalp, and skin. It contains proteolytic enzymes and minerals like zinc and copper. Aloe vera gel is helpful in making the dormant follicles active and promoting hair growth. It gives a soothing effect to the scalp and reduces dandruff. It is useful in unblocking hair follicles that may be blocked by excess oil.
Combine fresh aloe vera gel with coconut oil or olive oil and apply it to your scalp and hair. Let it sit for 30 minutes and wash with a mild shampoo.
Sulfur present in onion juice prevents hair thinning and breakage. Onion juice also increases blood circulation and hence helps in the growth of hair. Grind a few onions, strain them, and squeeze out the juice. Apply this juice to your scalp and hair and leave in for 15 minutes. Then wash your hair with shampoo as usual. To make hair healthier and stronger, repeat this process twice a week.
Rosemary is the essential oil used for enhancing the growth of hair and for reducing hair loss. Make a mixture of a few drops of rosemary oil and a carrier oil. Apply it to your scalp and hair and massage gently. Leave it for some time and wash normally. To make hair healthier and stronger, repeat this process twice or thrice a week.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar maintains the pH of your scalp, cleanses it, and also protects your scalp from bacteria, thus leading to increased hair growth. Add 15 ml of apple cider vinegar to a cup of warm water and mix well. Apply this solution to your hair after washing. This solution enhances the growth of your hair and also adds shine.
Fenugreek is an herb that has been long used for problems of hair growth. It is rich in proteins and nicotinic acid, which help stimulate hair growth. Soak 1/4th cup of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Make a paste by grinding the seeds and apply it as a hair mask. Leave it on for 30-45 minutes then wash it with water only. Apply this paste once a week and you will soon see the difference.
Diet for enhancing hair growth and thickness
Following is a list of vitamins and nutrients that are necessary for hair growth.
- Proteins: help in producing keratin, which is important for hair structure. Keratin strengthens the hair.
- Iron: essential for hair growth.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: provide nourishment to the hair and promote thickness.
- Biotin: promotes hair growth. Deficiency of biotin leads to hair loss.
- Vitamin B5: stimulates hair growth.
- Vitamin B12: prevents hair breakage by helping in cell production.
- Vitamin D: promotes hair growth.
- Vitamin C and E: is an antioxidant and provides protection against oxidative stress and free radical damage, which are involved in hair loss problems.
Below is a list of foods that provide essential nutrients for your hair growth and thickness.
- Eggs are rich in omega-3, protein, and biotin.
- Salmon, tuna, and other fatty fish are rich in proteins, vitamins B and D, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Nuts are a rich source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, and vitamins A, B, and E.
- Beans and legumes are rich in proteins, zinc, iron, biotin, and folate.
- Leafy greens like spinach and collards are a rich source of iron, and vitamins A, E, and C, which are essential for hair growth.
- Seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, B-vitamins, vitamin E, and zinc. Sunflower seeds are a rich source of vitamin E.
- Avocado is rich in essential fatty acids and the antioxidant vitamin E.
- Blueberries and strawberries are a rich source of vitamins C and E, which fight against free-radical damage.
- Chicken and turkey are rich in proteins, B-vitamins, iron, zinc, and selenium.
- Fruits like guava, papaya, and citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C.
- Cereals and whole grains are rich sources of zinc, vitamin E, vitamin D, and various B-vitamins.
See also: We found the 7 best creams and soaps for pimples
In order to improve your hair, you need to take care of your health. Follow a nutrient-rich diet. Make a plan and then follow that strictly. The tips and methods described above can take some time to work, so you need to be patient. The key to success is consistency.
If you are allergic to anything or your hair loss is sudden, then it may be because of some medical condition, so consult your doctor before applying any of the above-mentioned methods. Also, focus on your mental health and practice self-care. This will help in solving your hair loss problems if they are related to any stress-related issue. Always try to stay positive and maintain a healthy lifestyle; this will complement your hair treatment plan.